it also ignore dataDir directive in solr.xml, in fact adding:
    <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" >
        <property name="dataDir" value="/multicore/core0" />
    </core>
doesn't change the behavior.

this seems a bug introduced somewhere after 2nd february
any clue?

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Walter Ferrara <walters...@gmail.com> wrote:

> there is a strange behavior which seems to affect hudson today (March 3rd)
> build but not (for example) hudson February 2th build.
> Basically when I start the multicore enviroment, it just create datadir in
> the current path.
> To replicate:
> 1. download latest trunk
> 2. go to example directory
>
> $ ls
> README.txt  example-DIH      exampledocs  logs       solr      start.jar
> work
> etc         exampleAnalysis  lib          multicore  start.bat  webapps
>
> $ java -Dsolr.solr.home=multicore -jar start.jar
> (then kill/sleep the process)
>
> $ ls
> README.txt  etc              exampledocs  multicore  start.jar
> core0       example-DIH      lib          solr      webapps
> core1       exampleAnalysis  logs         start.bat  work
>
> you see core0 and core1 directory where they should not be :-); solr-1041
> doesn't fix in this case.
>
> ciao,
> Walter

  • datadir issue for mult... Walter Ferrara
    • Re: datadir issue... Walter Ferrara
      • Re: datadir i... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
        • Re: datad... Walter Ferrara
          • Re: d... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
            • ... Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ्
              • ... Walter Ferrara