I think if you use spellcheck.collate=true, you will still receive the
results for correct word and suggestion for wrong word.

I have name field (which is first name+last name) configured for spell
check. I have name entry: GUY  SHUMAKER. I am trying to find out person
names where either 'GUY' or 'SHUMAKER' or both are spelled wrong.

1. Last Name spelled wrong as 'SHAMAKER'

http://localhost:8090/solr/select?q=NAME:GUY%20SHAMAKER&fq=TYPE:PERSON&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.collate=true

It return all results that match 'GUY' and spelling suggestion for
'SHAMAKER' as 'SHUMAKER'

2. First Name spelled wrong as 'GYY'

http://localhost:8090/solr/select?q=NAME:GYY
SHUMAKER&fq=TYPE:PERSON&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.collate=true

It return No results and spelling suggestion for 'GYY' as 'GUY' and
collation as <str name="collation">NAME:guy SHUMAKER</str>

Note:But here I expected result that match SHUAMKER

3. Both first name and last name spelled wrong as: GYY SHAMAKER
http://localhost:8090/solr/select?q=NAME:GYY%20SHAMAKER&fq=TYPE:PERSON&spellcheck=true&spellcheck.collate=true

Here no results, but received suggestion for both words and collation.

It is similar to your scenario?

Also why NO results are returned for case 2.