: My application is in prod and quite frequently�getting NullPointerException.
: java.lang.NullPointerException
: at
com.fm.search.incrementalindex.service.AuctionCollectionServiceImpl.indexData(AuctionCollectionServiceImpl.java:251)
: at
com.fm.search.incrementalindex.service.AuctionCollectionServiceImpl.process(AuctionCollectionServiceImpl.java:135)
: at
com.fm.search.job.SearchIndexingJob.executeInternal(SearchIndexingJob.java:68)
: at
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
: at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
: at
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:529)

that stack trace doesn't suggest anything remotely related to Solr.  none
of those classes are in teh Solr code base -- without having any idea what
the code on line 251 of your AuctionCollectionServiceImpl class looks
like, no one could even begin to speculate what is causing the NPE.   Even
if we know what line 251 looks like, uinderstanding why some refrence on
that line is null would probably require knowing a whole lot more about
your application.

-Hoss