On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>wrote:

> could I suggest that the maven repositories are populated next-time a
>>> release of "solr-specific-lucenes" are made?
>>>
>> But they are? It is inside the org.apache.solr group since those lucene
>> jars
>> are released by Solr -- http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/solr/
>>

> Nope,
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/solr/solr-lucene-core/1.3.0/
>
> has no sources.
> Only the solr-specific ones have.

Ah, I see. Solr's build uses the lucene binaries which are checked into the
SVN. So sources are a little more difficult to bundle. Either we'd need to
check in the lucene source jars as well or the ant build would need to check
out the lucene code with the same revision number and make a source jar.

Please open an issue in the jira. It might be difficult for me to find time
for this right now but we can decide on an acceptable approach. Also note
that lucene's revision number is mentioned in the CHANGES.txt

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.