On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Pierre-Yves LANDRON
<pland...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I send an update or a commit to solr via curl, the response I get is
> formated in HTML ; I can't find a way to have a machine readable response
> file.
> Here what is said on the subject in the solr config file :
> "The response format differs from solr1.1 formatting and returns a standard
> error code.
>  To enable solr1.1 behavior, remove the /update handler or change its path"
> What I want, however, is an accurate description of the error and not just
> a standard Apache error code.
> Is there a way to obtain an XML response file from solr ?

If the update command executes successfully, then the response is XML. In
case of error, the error page is generated by the servlet container which is
HTML I guess. Not sure what can be done about that. Perhaps Solr can have
its own error pages which output XML with the stack trace information and
the correct HTTP return codes?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.