Actually solr2 is an application other then default one(example) on which I
have configured my application.

let me explain things more in details:

so my application path is http://localhost:8983/solr2/admin and I would like
to configure it for multi-cores so I have placed solr.xml in config
directory which contains following:
<solr persistent="true" sharedLib="lib">
 <cores adminPath="/admin/cores">
  <core name="core0" instanceDir="core0" />
  <core name="core1" instanceDir="core1" />
 </cores>
</solr>

but when I am trying to access following:
http://localhost:8983/solr2/admin/cores it gives me tomcat 404 error.

Thanks,
Mitul Patel.