We sort by default on "name", which varies quite a bit (we're never
going to make sorting by field go away).

The thing is solr has been pretty amazing across 1 million records.
Now that we've doubled the size of the dataset things are definitely
slower in a nonlinear way...I'm wondering what factors are involved
here.

-Steve