I have a design question for all of those who might be willing to provide an
answer.

We are looking for a way to do a type of additive filters.  Our documents
are comprised of a single item of a specified color.  We will use shoes as
an example.  Each document contains a multivalued ³size² field with all
sizes and a multivalued ³width² field for all widths available for a given
color.  Our issue is that the values are not linked to each other.  This
issue can be seen when a user chooses a size (e.g. 7) and we filter the
options down to only size 7.  When the width facet is displayed it will have
all widths available for all documents that match on size 7 even though most
don¹t come in a wide width.  We are looking for strategies to filter facets
based on other facets in separate queries.

--
Jeff Newburn
Software Engineer, Zappos.com