From: Marc Sturlese [mailto:marc.sturl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:06 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: multicore

>>how to have multiple cores ?
You need a solr.xml file in the root of your solr home. In this solr.xml you
will inicalize the cores. In this same folder you will have a folder per
core with its /conf and /data. Every core has it's own solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml.
If you grap a nighlty build you will see a config example in there.
Every thing is proper explained in the solr core wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

>>can we start all cores from single startup file or we need to start all
>>independently?

>>I need  a way by which I can start all of them in one go.
Once you have your cores configures in wour webapp, all of the will be
loaded automatically when you start your server.