Hi,

We have a quite complex requirement concerning scoring logic customization,
but but I guess it's quite useful and probably something like it  was done
already.

So we're searching through the product catalog. Product have types (i.e.
"Electronics", "Apparel", "Furniture" etc). What we need is to customize
scoring of the results so that top results should contain products of all
different types which match the query. So after finding all the products
matching the query we want to group results by product type. Then for every
product type take corresponding sub-set of results and in every of the
sub-sets assign scores with the following logic. Assign score 5 to the first
20% of results, then assign score 4 to the next 15% of results, and so on.
Particular percent values are configured by the end user. How could we
achive it using Solr? Is it possible at all? Maybe we should implement some
custom ValueSource and use it in a function queries?

--
Andrew Klochkov