>On Apr 15, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Fergus McMenemie wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Having all kinds of fun with distributed search using shards:-)
>>
>> I have 30K documents indexed using DIH into an index. Another
>> index contain documents indexed using solr-cell. I am using shards
>> to search across both indexes.
>>
>> I am trying to format the results returned from solr such the
>> source document can be linked to, and to do so I think I need to
>> know which shard a particular result came from. Is this a FAQ?
>
>+1, assuming you mean to add it as a FAQ and aren't asking if it
>already is one.

I was asking.. how do I find out which shard a result came from.
But I felt it must be a FAQ! Again... I am wondering if there is
established best practice covering this sort of thing, before I
go and roll my own:-)

Fergus.

>Grant Ingersoll
>http://www.lucidimagination.com/
>
>Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids)
>using Solr/Lucene:
>http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Fergus McMenemie               Email:fer...@twig.me.uk
Techmore Ltd                   Phone:(UK) 07721 376021

Unix/Mac/Intranets             Analyst Programmer