On 16 Apr 2009, at 9:00 am, Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Mark Allan <mark.al...@ed.ac.uk> wrote:

My thinking is that Solr is trying to add the field directly as '1953' before doing the text factory stuff and is therefore not in the right format for indexing. Does that sound like a reasonable assumption and am I missing
something which is causing it to go wrong?  Can anyone help please?

That is correct. You'll need to do the date creation in your own code so
that you send a well-formed date to Solr.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. I'm a bit confused though - the only way to do this is a two-step process?

I have to write code to munge the XML into another document which is exactly the same except for the format of the Date field, and then import that second file? Isn't that the whole purpose of having an analyzer with the solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory filters? What's odd is that the pattern replacement works if I store the field as text but not as a date. Are you sure this isn't a bug?

Mark

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.