Thanks for the tip. Looks like a neat idea. I have never used the sort
feature, so I have to create a new numeric key with values 1 or 2 - value 1
for white_papers/pdfs & 2 for others?

The problem also is that the facets I need to boost can vary by query. That
is, if the query term 'a', boost the facets 'facet1 & facet2'. If the query
term is 'b', then boost the facets 'facet4 & facet5'. Perhaps I can identify
the most freqently used boost order, and create as many fields as there are
orders. That would be the way right?
- ashok