I'm not sure what is going on. I don't quite understand what you're doing to Lucene that requires replacing the JAR file, but of course that is quite a red flag for why things aren't working. Of course there is a concern of index compatibility, so be sure you're starting with no index and reindexing from scratch when trying a different Lucene build inside Solr, and you have to know what you're doing with solr.war manipulation to ensure you've got the right version there. And there may be dependencies on the other Lucene related JARs like all the contribs, so you might need to replace those in lock step fashion also.

        Erik