That seems wise... PageRank * Text-based Scoring.

So you mean in my stupid case that:
GET '
http://127.0.0.1:8110/solr/test/select?indent=on&start=0&rows=100&q={!boostb=blogRank
v=$qq}&qq=*:*'
would yield the same results as:
GET
"http://127.0.0.1:8110/solr/test/select?indent=on&start=0&rows=100&q=*:*_val_:\"log(blogRank)\""

since I have no text data

but if I introduce a tokenized textfield (title).
Example:

<add>
solr</field></doc>
</add>

where blogId=1 had blogRank of 1
where blogId=2 had blogRank of 2
and if I searched for "solr"
GET '
http://127.0.0.1:8110/solr/test/select?indent=on&start=0&rows=100&q={!boostb=blogRank
v=$qq}&qq=title:solr'

I might get blogId=1 as nr1 in the results even though it had lower blogRank
due to the higher frequency of the term "solr" ?

Did I understand this correctly ?

//Marcus

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:07 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com>wrote:

> You probably want to mix the custom score with the normal relevancy
> score... to add, use a normal boolean query.  To multiply, check out
> boosted query:
>
> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/search/BoostQParserPlugin.html
>
> For other options, use a more complex function query with the new
> query() capability (need to use 1.4 trunk for that though).
>
> Examples:
>
> &q={!boost b=myScore v=$qq}&qq=my normal lucene query
>  OR for a dismax relevancy query,
> &q={!boost b=myScore v=$qq}&qq={!dismax qf=text_all pf=text_all}solr rocks
>
> If the {! type of syntax looks new, check out
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LocalParams
> powerful stuff!
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com