Hi All,

I'm [still!] evaluating Solr and setting up a PoC. The requirements are to
index the following objects:

 - people - name, status, date added, address, profile, other people specific
fields like group...
 - organisations - name, status, date added, address, profile, other
organisational specific fields like size...
 - products - name, status, date added, profile, other product specific fields
like product groups..

AND...I need to isolate indexes to a number of dynamic domains (customerA,
customerB...) that will grow over time.

So, my initial thoughts are to do the following:

 - flatten the searchable objects as much as I can - use a type field to
distinguish - into a single index
 - use multi-core approach to segregate domains of data

So, a couple questions on this:

 1) Is this approach/design sensible and do others use it?

 2) By flattening the data we will only index common fields; is it unreasonable
to do a second database search and union the results when doing advanced
searches on non indexed fields? Do others do this?

 3) I've read that I can dynamically add a new core - this fits well with the
ability to dynamically add new domains; how scaliable is this approach? Would
it be unreasonable to have 20-30 dynaimically created cores? I guess,
redundancy aside and given our one core per domain approach, we could easily
spill onto other physical servers without the need for replication?

Thanks again for your help!
rotis