In addition to earlier mail I have a particular scenario. For that I have to
explain my application level logging in detail.

I am using solr as embedded server. I am using solr with Solr-560-slf4j patch.
I need logging information for solr. Right now my application is using log4j
for logging and the log4j.properties files is in my WEB-INF. It is working
fine.  But the error, info and severe logs generated by solr are going to the
stdout.log file  of tomacat as it is using logging.properties file from the
jre/lib folder and using the ConsolHandler
I tried with n number of combination but cant configure to make the solr log
releated information to go the application logger or the new logger specified
in the FileHandler.
I addition whether there is some other issue that I am unable to figure it out.

Please help me out of this scenario. I am stuck up with this issue.

~Sagar

> From: sagar.khetk...@hotmail.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Solr Loggin issue
> Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:21:57 +0530
>

> I have only one log4j.properties file in classpath and even if i configure
> for the particular package where the solr exception would come then also the
> same issue. I had removed the logger for my application and using only for
> solr logging.
>

> ~Sagar
>

> > Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 09:59:01 -0700
> > Subject: Re: Solr Loggin issue
> > From: jayallenh...@gmail.com
> > To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> >
> > Usually that means there is another log4j.properties or log4j.xml file in
> > your classpath that is being found before the one you are intending to use.
> > Check your classpath for other versions of these files.
> >
> > -Jay
> >

> > On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Sagar Khetkade
> > <sagar.khetk...@hotmail.com>wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > > I have solr implemented in multi-core scenario and also implemented
> > > solr-560-slf4j.patch for implementing the logging. But the problem I am
> > > facing is that the logs are going to the stdout.log file not the log file
> > > that I have mentioned in the log4j.properties file. Can anybody give me
> > > work
> > > round to make logs go into the logger mentioned in log4j.properties file.
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Sagar Khetkade
> > > Live Search extreme As India feels the heat of poll season, get all the
> > > info you need on the MSN News Aggregator
> > > http://news.in.msn.com/National/indiaelections2009/aggregator/default.aspx

> Live Search extreme As India feels the heat of poll season, get all the info
> you need on the MSN News Aggregator
> http://news.in.msn.com/National/indiaelections2009/aggregator/default.aspx

Planning the weekend ? Here’s what is happening in your town.
http://msn.asklaila.com/events/