Hi,

You should be able to do the following.
Put masters behind a load balancer (LB).
Create a LB VIP and a pool with 2 masters, masterA & masterB with a rule that
all requests always go to A unless A is down.  If If A is down they go to B.
Bring up master instances A and B on 2 servers and make them point to the
shared storage.

masterA ----\
                   \--> shared storage
                   /
masterB ----/

Your indexing client doesn't talk to the servers directly. It talks through the
VIP you created in LB.
At any one time only one of the masters is active.
If A goes down, LB detects it and makes B active.
Your indexer may have to reconnect if it detects a failure, maybe it would need
to reindex some number of documents if they didn't make it to disk before A
died, maybe even some lock file cleanup might be needed, but the above should
be doable with little effort.

Otis