Hello,

I have a MultiCore install of solr with 2 cores with different schemas and
such. Querying directly using http request and/or the solr interface works
very well for my purposes.

I want to have a proper search interface though, so I have some code that
basically acts as a link between the server and the front-end. Basically,
depending on the options, the search string is built, and when the search is
submitted, that string gets passed as an http request. The code then would
parse through the xml to get the information.

This method works with shards because I can add the shards parameter
straight into the link that I end up hitting. Although this is currently
functional, I was thinking of using SolrJ simply because it is simpler to
use and would cut down the amount of code.

The question is, how would I be able to define the shards in my query, so
that when I do search, I hit both shards and get mixed results back? Using
http requests, it's as simple as adding a shard=core0,core1 snippet. What is
the equivalent of this in SolrJ?

BTW, I do have some SolrJ code that is able to query and return results, but
for a single core. I am currently using CommonsHttpSolrServer for that, not
the Embedded one.

Cheers