I'm using query time synonyms. I have more fields in my index though. This is
just an example or sample of data from my index. Yes, we don't have millions
of documents. Could be around 300,000 and might increase in future. The
reason i'm using query time synonyms is because of the nature of my data. I
can't re-index the data everytime i add or remove a synonym. But for this
particular requirement is it best to have index time synonyms because of the
multi-word synonym nature. Again if i add more cities list to the synonym
file, I can't be re-indexing all the data over and over again.