From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Questions regarding IT search solution
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 9:27 PM

I would also be interested to know what other existing solutions exist.

Splunk's advantage is that it does extraction of the fields with
content types). I believe that's the Solr's function desired in
original posting. At the time they came out (2004), I was not aware of
any good open source solutions to do what they did. And I would have
loved one, as I was analyzing multi-gigabite logs.

Hadoop might be a way to process the files, but what would do the
indexing and searching?

Regards,
    Alex.