first: u not have to restart solr,,,u can use new data to replace old data
and call solr to use new search..u can find something in shell script which
with solr

two: u not have to restart solr,,,just keep id is same..example: old
id:1,title:hi, new id:1,title:welcome,,just index new data,,it will delete
old data and insert new doc,,,like replace,,but it will use more time and
resouce.

u can find indexed doc number from solr admin page.