You'll find everything you need in the Wiki.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCollectionDistributionOperationsOutline

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCollectionDistributionScripts

If things are still uncertain I've written a guide for when we used the solr distribution scrips on our lucene index earlier. You can read that guide here:
http://www.integrasco.no/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:lucene-index-replication&catid=35:blog&Itemid=53

Cheers,
 Aleksander