On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Daniel
Löfquist<daniel.lofqu...@it.cdon.com> wrote:
> We're looking to build a search solution that can contain as many as 10
> million
> different items and I was wondering if Solr could handle that kind of data
> amount or not?

10m documents is a quite common load. We're currently running two
installations with about 4m documents in one and 6m documents
(articles) in the other. Both run from single machines and with sub
0.1s search times.

> Has anybody done any testing or published any kind of results for a
> Solr-installation
> working on huge amounts of data like this?

There's a page dedicated on the wiki to listing known companies and
installations based on Solr:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers

Hopefully that'll give you an idea. It shouldn't be to hard to just
try it out (i'm guessing you could do most of the setup in a day or
two).

Hope that helps!

--mats