On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Francis Yakin <fya...@liquid.com> wrote:

> How you batching all documents in one curl call? Do you have a sample, so I
> can modify my script and try it again.
>
> Right now I do curl on each documents( I have 1000 docs on each folder and
> I have 1000 folders) using :
>
>  curl http://localhost:7001/solr/update --data-binary @abc.xml -H
> 'Content-type:text/plain; charset=utf-8'
>
> Abc.xml is one doc, we have another 999 files ending with ".xml"
>
> Please advice.

You'll need to combine the multiple add xmls you have into one. See Noble's
suggestion on how to do that. Basically, your script will read a number of
files, combine them into one and send them with one curl call. However, I
just noticed that you are posting to localhost only, so may not be that
expensive to have one curl call per document.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.