On Jul 9, 2009, at 11:58 PM, Sumit Aggarwal wrote:

Hi,
1. Calls made to multiple shards are made in some concurrent fashion or
serially?

Concurrent

2. Any idea of algorithm followed for merging data? I mean how efficient it
is?

Not sure, but given that Yonik implemented it, I suspect it is highly efficient. ;-)

3. Lucene provides payload concept. How can we make search using that in solr. My application store payloads and use search using our custom search
server.

Not currently, but this would be a welcome patch. I added a new DelimitedPayloadTokenFilter to Lucene that should make it really easy to send in payloads "inline" in Solr XML, so what remains to be done, I think is:

1. Create a new TokenFilterFactory for the TokenFilter
2. Hook in some syntax support for creating a BoostingTermQuery in the Query Parsers.

Patches welcome!

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search