markrmiller wrote:

> When you specify a custom UpdateProcessor chain, you will normally make
> the
> RunUpdateProcessor the last processor in the chain, as it will add the doc
> to Solr.
> Rather than using the built in RunUpdateProcessor though, you could simply
> specify your own UpdateProcessor as the last one.

So, to make sure I understand you:

1) As of today, if I were to drop in a custom RequestUpdateProcessor that
modeled RunUpdateProcessor but did some Document modification, it wouldn't
help, because today Document fields can't support stored form tokenizing.
Modifying the fields would just strip the data that the tokenizer would need
to index properly.

2) The patch Yonik submitted, which I read and poorly understood out of
context, will allow tokenization of the stored form in addition to the
indexed form, so that from an input text "A" I can produce stored form "B"
and indexed form "C".

Yes?

Again, I didn't understand the patch well, but it looked to me like it only
provided the ability to say "the tokenizer I'm using on the indexed form
should be used on the stored form as well."  However, I'll actually need
*separate* tokenization -- the field

   one two three four [MARKER] oneprime twoprime threeprime fourprime

essentially needs the first part stripped for indexing, and the second part
stripped for storing.  Once Yonik's patch goes live, how would I tell my
tokenizer to behave differently for the stored form vs the indexed form?

I'm sure I'm missing something; sorry for the confusion.