okobloko wrote:

> It could be that you should be providing an implementation of
> "SortComparatorSource"
> I have missed the earlier part of this thread, I assume you're trying to
> implement some form of custom search?

Yes, exactly. What I'm trying to do is sort the results of an otherwise
normal query, based on a scoring method that does some calculations using
some data cached from database queries. I have a subclass of FieldType
inspired by RandomSortField. Like RandomSortField, it has inner classes that
extend SortComparatorSource (as you mention), Comparator, SortField, and
ValueSource. The ValueSource stuff is actually what's confusing me right
now. I wish I had an example other than RandomSortField. Any advice?

Alex