On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Jason Rutherglen <
jason.rutherg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a standard index like what Lucene uses for contrib/benchmark for
> executing faceted queries over? Or maybe we can randomly generate one that
> works in conjunction with wikipedia? That way we can execute real world
> queries against faceted data. Or we could use the Lucene/Solr mailing lists
> and other data (ala Lucid's faceted site) as a standard index?

I don't think there is any standard set of docs for solr testing - there is
not a real benchmark contrib - though I know more than a few of us have
hacked up pieces of Lucene benchmark to work with Solr - I think I've done
it twice now ;)

Would be nice to get things going. I was thinking the other day: I wonder
how hard it would be to make Lucene Benchmark generic enough to accept Solr
impls and Solr algs?

It does a lot that would suck to duplicate.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com