Hi,

Paul and Shalin will know about this.  What I'm seeing looks a lot like what
Walter reported in March:
* http://markmail.org/thread/dfsj7hqi5buzhd6n

And this commit from Paul seems possibly related:
* http://markmail.org/message/cjvjffrfszlku3ri

...because of things like:
-        cores = new CoreContainer(new SolrResourceLoader(instanceDir));
+        cores = new CoreContainer(new SolrResourceLoader(solrHome));
if (!idir.isAbsolute()) {
-      idir = new File(loader.getInstanceDir(), dcore.getInstanceDir());
+      idir = new File(solrHome, dcore.getInstanceDir());

I don't have dataDir in my solr.xml, only absolute paths to my cores.

Otis