Hi,

I am new to Solr and I want to get a quick hint if it is suitable for
what we want to use it for.
We are building e-mail platform and we want to provide our users with
full-text search functionality.

We are not willing to use single index file for all users as we want
to be able to migrate user index from one machine
to another if need for scaling arises. As we want to have separate
index file per user, single Solr instance would have to
handle few thousands (or hundreds of thousands) index files (yet each
quite small in size).
We also need to add and remove indices online, as users register
accounts or are moved to different computer in cluster.

Was Solr designed with such setup in mind? I search the net but did
not find such usage pattern.

We can directly use Lucene and implement network layer and index
replication by ourselves but it would be nice to avoid it.

Best regards, Łukasz Osipiuk

--
Łukasz Osipiuk
mailto:luk...@osipiuk.net