Hi,

I noticed that the backup request

http://master_host:port/solr/replication?command=backup<http://master_host/solr/replication?command=backup>

works only if there are committed index data, i.e.
core.getDeletionPolicy().getLatestCommit() is not null. Otherwise, no backup
is created. It sounds logical because if nothing has been committed since
your last backup, it doesn't help much to do a new backup. However, consider
this scenario:

1. a backup process is scheduled at 1:00AM every Monday
2. just before 1:00AM, the system is shutdown (for whatever reason), and
then restarts
3. No index is committed before 1:00AM
4. at 1:00AM, backup process starts and no committed index is found, and
therefore no backup (until next week)

The probability of this scenario is probably small, but it still could
happen, and it seems to me that if I want to backup index, a backup should
be created whether there are new committed index or not.

Your thoughts?