On Jul 29, 2009, at 2:38 PM, Mike wrote:

Hi,

We're using Lucid Imagination's LucidWorks Solr 1.3 and we have a requirement to implement multiple-select faceting where the facet cells show up as checkboxes and despite checked options, all of the options continue to persist with counts. The best example I found is the search on Lucid Imagination's site: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/

It appears the Solr 1.4 release has support for doing this with filter tagging (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#head-f277d409b221b407d9c5430f552bf40ee6185c4c ), but I was wondering if there was another way to accomplish this in 1.3?

The only way I can think to do this is to backport the patch to 1.3. FWIW, we are running 1.4-dev at /search, which is where that functionality comes from.

-Grant