: > i want to get the lucene index format version from solr web app (as

: the Luke request handler writes it out:
:
:    indexInfo.add("version", reader.getVersion());

that's the index version (as in "i have added docs to the index, so the
version number has changed") the question is about the format version (as
in: "i have upgraded Lucene from 2.1 to 2.3, so the index format has
changed")

I'm not sure how Luke get's that ... it's not exposed via a public API on
an IndexReader.

Hmm...  SegmentInfos.readCurrentVersion(Directory) seems like it would do
the trick; but i'm not sure how that would interact with customized
INdexReader implementations.  i suppose we could always make it non-fatal
if it throws an exception (just print the exception mesg in place of hte
number)

anybody want to submit a patch to add this to the LukeRequestHandler?

-Hoss