Joe,

Maybe we can take a step back first.  Would it be better if your index was
cleaner and didn't have flagged duplicates in the first place?  If so, have you
tried using http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Deduplication ?

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR