That isn't the problem, as I am looking at "numFound" and not actual rows
returned.  In all searches the rows returned is less than the number found.

>>> timothy.j.har...@nasa.gov 8/17/2009 4:30:38 PM >>>
The rows parameter would prevent you from getting all docs back.  It is set by
default to 10 I believe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Schraeder [mailto:mschrae...@btsb.com]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 2:04 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Query not working as expected

I'm attempting to write a query as follows:

($query^10) OR (NOT ($query)) which effectively would return everything, but if
it matches the first query it will get a higher score and thus be sorted first
in the result set.  Unfortunately the results are not coming back as expected.

($query) works by itself and gets X rows
(NOT ($query)) works by itself and gets Y rows

You would expect ($query) OR (NOT ($query)) to return X+Y rows but it is only
returning X rows.

What am I doing wrong?