BTW, you should really prefer JRockit which really rocks!!!

"Mission Control" has necessary toolongs; and JRockit produces _nice_
exception stacktrace (explaining almost everything) in case of even OOM
which SUN JVN still fails to produce.

SolrServlet still catches "Throwable":

    } catch (Throwable e) {
      SolrException.log(log,e);
      sendErr(500, SolrException.toStr(e), request, response);
    } finally {