On Aug 19, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Paul Rosen wrote:
You can see the problem here (at least until it's fixed!):
http://nines.performantsoftware.com/search/saved?user=paul&name=poem

Hi Paul - that project looks familiar!  :)

If you sort by Title/Ascending, you get partially sorted results, but it seems to be using a random word to sort on instead of sorting on the entire title.

I'm not sure what info would be useful to help debug. In my schema.xml file, I've clipped what seems to be the relevant part:

<fieldtype name="text_lu" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
 <analyzer>
   <filter class="solr.StandardFilterFactory"/>
 </analyzer>
</fieldtype>

<field name="title" type="text_lu" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>

I'm surprised you're not seeing an exception when trying to sort on title given this configuration. Sorting must be done on single valued indexed fields, that have at most a single term indexed per document. I recommend you use copyField to copy title to title_sort and configure a title_sort field as a "string" or a field type that analyzes only to a single term (like simply keyword tokenizing -> lower case filter.

        Erik