SolrJ uses the Apache Commons HTTP client. This describes the authentication
system:
http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/authentication.html

<http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/auth/package-frame.html>
*This has code to use authentication*

You might be able to find an openSSO implementation for this. Or hack up a
simple one.

--
Lance Norskog
goks...@gmail.com