Hello all.

We have a situation in the requirements for our project that make it
desireable to be able to perform a DisMax query with wildcard (* and ?)
characters in it.

We are using the standard release (not nightly) of Solr 1.3.

Our first thought was to apply the SOLR-756 patch
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-756), which aimed to make DisMax
support all query types.  The patch was installed, and Solr recompiled
without trouble.  Upon passing a query with the * wildcard in it, we did not
get a result set that indicated that the query was working.

Our next thought was to apply SOLR-758
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-758), to see if that solved our
problem.  In doing so, we had to install the SOLR-757
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-757) patch as well.
Unfortunately, at this point, Solr refused to compile.  From the error
messages that Ant gave, it seemed that the new code from SOLR-758 was
looking for a function called "getNonLocalParams()", which, after grep'ing
the source, doesn't seem to exist in the Solr codebase.

At this point, any help would be welcome.  Our goal is to get DisMax working
with wildcard queries, so if we're going about it the wrong way, we'll
gladly do it whatever way that works.  If somebody's gotten it to work by
using the patches we're attempting, please share your experiences with us.
Is there another patch that we need to apply?

Thanks for your help.