This is mostly my misunderstanding of catenateAll="1" as I thought it would
break down with an OR using the full concatenated word.

Thus:

Jokers Wild -> { jokers, wild } OR { jokerswild }

But really it becomes: { jokers, {wild, jokerswild}} which will not match.

And if you have a mistyped camel case like:

jOkerswild -> { j, {okerswild, jokerswild}} again no match.

So it really requires some way to append the full word as an OR so: {j,
{okerswild}} OR {jokerswild}

severalTokensAtSamePosition=true is in the source code (QueryParser) as a
boolean flag which always ends up true in these cases and triggers creating
a MultiPhraseQuery as in the examples above.

To really get this right I'll need to do a custom QueryParser IMO.