hello,

  I am using SolrJ to access solr indexes. When constructing query, I create
a lucene query and use query.toString to create SolrQuery.

  I am facing difficulty while creating facet query for individual field, as
I could not find an easy and clean way of constructing facet query with
parameters specified at field level.

  As I understand, the faceting parameters like limit, sort order etc. can
be set on SolrQuery object but they are used for all the facets in query. I
would like to provide these parameters separately for each field. I am
currently building such query in Java code using string append. But it looks
really bad, and would be prone to breaking when query syntax changes in
future.

  If there any better way of constructing such detailed facet queries, the
way we build the main solr search query?

regards,
aakash