Hi Elaine,

I think you need to provide us with some more information on what exactly you are trying to achieve. From your question I also assumed you wanted paging (getting the first 10 results, than the next 10 etc.) But reading it again, "slice my docs into pieces" I now think you might've meant that you only want to retrieve certain fields from each document. For that you can use the fl parameter (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#head-db2785986af2355759faaaca53dc8fd0b012d1ab). Hope this helps.

Regards,

gwk

Elaine Li wrote:
I want to get the 10K results, not just the top 10.
The fields are regular language sentences, they are not large.

Is clustering the technique for what I am doing?