With solr-ruby, simply put the core name in the URL of the Solr::Connection...

   solr = Solr::Connection.new('http://localhost:8983/solr/core_name')

        Erik

On Sep 9, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Paul Rosen wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to start experimenting with multicore in a ruby on rails app.

Right now, the app is using the solr-ruby-rails-0.0.5 to communicate with solr and it doesn't appear to have direct support for multicore and I didn't have any luck googling around for it.

We aren't necessarily wedded to using solr-ruby-rails-0.0.5, but I looked at rsolr very briefly and didn't see any reference to multicore there, either.

I can certainly hack something together, but it seems like this is a common problem.

How are others doing multicore from ruby?

Thanks,
Paul