Thanks Yonik
i have a task where my user is giving me 20 words of english dictionary and
i have to run a program and generate a report with all stemmed words.

I have to use EnglishPorterFilterFactory and SnowballPorterFilterFactory to
check which one is faster and gets the best results

Should i write a java module and use the library which comes with solr.
is there any code snipped which i can use

If i can get a faint idea of how to do it is to create EnglishPorterFilter
from EnglishPorterFilterFactory by passing a tokenizer etc...

i will appreciate if some one can give me a hint on this.

thanks
darniz