: I'm trying to delete using SolJ's "deleteByQuery", but it doesn't like
: it that I've added an "fq" parameter.  Here's what I see in the logs:

the error ayou are getting is because deleteByQuery takes in a solr query
string ... if you include "&fq=" in that string, then you aren't passing a
query stirng, you're passing a URL fragment ... you'd get the same error
if you put a URL encoded "&fq=..." in the "q" param when doing a search.

in general, the delete features of solr don't support filter queries (fq)
... you are only allowed to pass a single query string.

-Hoss