On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Mat Brown <m...@patch.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Shalin. The "*:*" sounds good - so that'll definitely have no
> effect on query performance?

All query results are added to the query result cache so any cost is
one-time only (until a commit happens or eviction happens). In any case, if
you do not have anything to put in the query field, you have no choice :)

> What I meant was, I'd like all of the queries that I'm using to
> restrict search results to be cached (as filter queries are) - which
> is why I don't have anything I'd particularly like to put into the :q
> parameter.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. Note that filters and queries are cached
separately. A good article on this is on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FilterQueryGuidance

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.