Hi,

Is there any way to dynamically point the Solr servers to an index/data
directories at run time?

We are generating 200 GB worth of index per day and we want to retain the index
for approximately 1 month. So our idea is to keep the first 1 week of index
available at anytime for the users i.e have set of Solr servers up and running
and handle request to get the past 1 week of date.

But when user tries to query data which is older than 7 days old, we want to
dynamically point the existing Solr instances to the inactive/dormant indexes
and get the results.

The main intention is to limit the number of Solr Slave instances and there by
limit the # of Servers required.

If the index directory and Solr instances are tightly coupled, then most of the
Solr instances are just up and running and may hardly used, as most of the
users are mainly interested in past 1 week data and not beyond that.

Any thoughts or any other approaches to tackle this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
sS