Hello Solr Users,
I've tried to find the answer to this question, and have tried changing my
configuration several times, but to no avail. I think someone on this list will
know the answer.

Here's my question:
I have some products that I want to allow people to search for with wild cards.
For example, if my product is YBM354, I'd like for users to be able to search
on "YBM*", "YBM3*", "YBM35*" and for any of these searches to return that
product. I've found that I can search for "YBM*" and get the product, just not
the other combinations.

I found this:
http://www.nabble.com/Can%C2%B4t-use-wildcard-%22*%22-on-alphanumeric-values--td24369209.html,
 but adding preserveOriginal="1" doesn't seem to make a difference.

I found an example here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory
 that is close, but I want to do the opposite. The example is:
"Super-Duper-XL500-42-AutoCoder!" -> 0:"Super", 1:"Duper", 2:"XL",
2:"SuperDuperXL", 3:"500" 4:"42", .....

In this example, I want to be able to find this record by searching for "XL5*".

I appreciate the help. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Adrian Carr