>-server option of JVM is 'native CPU code', I remember WebLogic 7 console
>with SUN JVM 1.3 not showing any GC (just horizontal line).

Not sure what that is all about either. -server and -client are just two
different versions of hotspot.
The -server version is optimized for long running applications - it
starts slower, and over time, it learns
about your app and makes good throughput optimizations.

The -client hotspot version works faster quicker, and does concentrate
more on response than throughput.
Better for desktop apps. -server is better for long lived server apps.
Generally.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com